The Old Sheldon Church – originally known as Prince William’s Parish Church was built as a chapel of ease in the English Georgian style, between 1745 and 1753.
The traditional understanding is that Prince William’s church was burned by the British in 1779 during the Revolutionary War, rebuilt in 1826, and then burned again in 1865 during the Civil War by the Federal Army under General Sherman’s orders.
The ruins lie among majestic oaks and scattered graves. Inside the ruins of the church lie the remains of Colonel William Bull, who assisted General Oglethorpe in establishing the physical layout of Savannah, Georgia. As of October 2015, the Old Sheldon ruins are not available to the public for hosting wedding ceremonies; however, an annual service is held the second Sunday after Easter.
In limited editions of 75 in each size offered
Reproduced on true silver gelatin baryta based paper, 310gsm with a fiber gloss surface.
Printed exclusively by: Digital Silver Imaging.
$225.00 – $375.00